Concrete Repair Grand Rapids Mi
What you should know about concrete repairs.
Cracked or damaged concrete can be unsightly. We provide some of the top quality concrete repair Grand Rapids Mi has to offer. This includes cracked patios, worn driveways, pitted walkways, scaly sidewalks, crumbling porch steps, faded pool decks, and ravaged interior floors. While pavement may be the most solid flooring, it is not indestructible. In fact, since concrete was first placed in 1903, we have been repairing it. Yet, half of repairs fail within two years if not done right or maintained. The main thing is to get the repairs done as soon as possible before it gets worse.
What causes concrete damage?
There are many reasons your surface may crack. Grand Rapids concrete is porous, making it susceptible to many factors, such as:
· Existing site conditions.
· The soil substrate.
· Large slabs become uneven from normal wear and tear or by its settling.
· Over hydration during placement.
· De-icing salts, also known as scaling, can penetrate the foundation, mar the surface, and weaken the structure.
· Freeze/thaw temperatures that cause the surface to contract, expand, and break off from the surface.
steel reinforcement or placement. Our concrete contractors Grand Rapids Mi team is equipped to handle the toughest paving duties.
· Ground in gravel and dirt from vehicles can wear away surfaces of a driveway.
· Inadequate joint design
Concrete Contractors Grand Rapids, MI is Rock Solid
- It is much cheaper to perform concrete maintenance rather than do nothing at all, as this will help prolong the structure's life. Failure to commit to this can cause expensive repairs or even more costly replacements.
- General maintenance usually requires inspections and monitoring of your concrete structures. One important part of a good program is taking photographs regularly to compare them later for changes.
- When inspecting your flatwork surfaces, look for aggressive compounds and exposure to chemicals that can damage or irritate the compound. Remember to seal stamped concrete every 18 to 24 months to keep its appearance.
Perfect Concrete Grand Rapids
Also known as concrete refinishing or resurfacing is a good option for residential concrete Grand Rapids Mi issues. This alternative is great for fixing imperfect, cracked, or discolored old pave work. They are special coatings used for stamped concrete and other decorative refinishing. The coating is applied over old surfaces of patios, driveways, indoor flooring, pool decks, or another structure. Polymer Overlays are available in a variety of patterns, textures, and colors and can help make your frame look new again. Contact us today to schedule your next project.
Chemical processes like carbonation can cause serious degradation to compound structures. Other chemicals that can disintegrate concrete are:
Chlorides: Particularly calcium chloride.
Chemical sulfate attack: This occurs when cement comes in contact with sulfate and causes chemical changes that weaken the chemical binder.
Leaching: This happens when water flows through cracks already present in the concrete. The present minerals dissolve and harden the cement so much it cracks.
Most Common types of Concrete Repair